Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Seattle to Portland

Hey gang! I hope everyone has had an amazing week. P and I have been on vacation, and its been amazing. We flew to Seattle, and hung out in the city for a few days, then drove down to Greenwood, Washington to a ranch that has no cell service or wifi. Finally, we drove into Portland, Oregon for a few days. At first, I was not sure how I was going to feel about it, but after a few day with no phone calls, no text, no email, and no social media, it was actually amazing.

We were gone for a little over a week, but, I can honestly tell you that it was the best vacation I have ever been on. Getting away, disconnecting, being around family and friends, and being in the mountains, gave me a lot of time to think, pray, and contemplate. I actually feel stronger emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. My heart is full and my head is clear.

Some of the highlights: Meeting my bloggy bff Denise. Laughing a lot. Staying up until 2. Star gazing. Inside jokes. Swimming in a freezing river. Trail running. Hiking. Sleeping late. Eating amazing food.

I feel that for the first time in a long time, I have something to say, and I am ready to share.

For now, while we unwind, unpack, and get reacquainted with the real world, I leave you with some photos from the trip.











3 comments:

Denise said...

I was thinking about you today! Glad you made it back and had such a good time...

I love your thoughts about getting away especially disconnecting. And, can't wait to hear what all you have to share because I know it is going to be good!

Welcome home :)

Anonymous said...

SO jealous, I'm dying to go to Seattle! Looks like a great trip :)

Brooke said...

love all the beautiful photos!
hopefully your "something to say" will be shared with us :)